Jan 29, 2017

Good Morning, My Friends

Good morning, my friends, I just want you to know that,
Just like you, I may be getting old,
but I'm just fine as fine can be.

I may have a bit of arthritis in both knees,
And when I talk, I do with a wheeze.
My pulse may be weak, my blood may be thin,
But I'm quite well for the shape I'm in.

Some of my teeth may now be lost and gone,
And fake ones to replace them were made and done.
I may carry extra weight and couldn’t get thin,
But I'm quite well for the shape I'm in.

Arch supports I now may need for my feet.
To enable me to walk around on the street.
My memory may be failing and my head in a spin,
But I'm quite well for the shape I'm in.

My hearing aid's in a drawer, my false teeth in a cup,
My eyeglasses are on a shelf until I get up.
And at times, when sleep eludes me, I ask myself,
Is there anything else I should leave on the shelf?

The reason I know why my youth has been spent,
Is: my get-up-and-go had gotten-up-and-went.
But really I don't mind as I think with a grin,
That I'm still quite well for the shape I'm in.

Each morning when I get and gather my wits,
I pick up the paper to read the obits.
Then, I thank God I'm alive and not dead,
And I eat breakfast and jump back to bed.

The moral of the story? -- for truth to be told,
For folks like you & me, who are growing old,
'Tis better to just say "I'm fine" with a grin,
Than talk of the shape our body and health are in.

SO … I'M FINE! AND HOW ARE YOU?

Author Unknown
Contributed by Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment