Oct 5, 2014

From Loss To Life...


"For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it." -John 5:21

In all of our lives, we experience real loss and change - in our relationships, in our jobs, in our plans. I wrote in my journal last week that all deaths are woven together like a crown of thorns, that when we're pricked by one thorn, we remember all the other thorns. We remember all the bad things that have happen.

So, how do we respond to these deaths, these losses, and these pains that come?

So often, when we face loss in life, we try to grip or hold onto it, or pretend as if it is still there. That is not what we as Christians are meant to do. When death comes in life, we are meant to mourn it, to weep for the loss, and not to pretend. In the midst of our mourning and our weeping, the power of God enters into our minds and our souls to remind us that something greater is coming.

Something very special is coming soon.

Prayer: Dear Lord, as I have mourned so many losses in my life, I thank you that I could always depend on you to heal my heart and then bless me with something even greater. Amen.

Reflection: What is the greatest loss that you have ever experienced? How did God redeem that loss?

~Hour of Power

No comments:

Post a Comment